Remmina is released with three separated packages:
* "remmina", the main GTK+ application
* "remmina-gnome", the GNOME desktop applet
* "remmina-xfce", the Xfce panel plugin
Remmina is free and open-source software, released under GNU GPL license.
Remmina project comes with two separated packages.
The Remmina main program:
* A pure GTK+ 2.0 application!
* Maintain a list of remote desktop files, organized by groups
* Make quick connections by directly putting in the server name
* Remote desktops with higher resolutions are scrollable/scalable in both window and fullscreen mode
* Viewport fullscreen mode: remote desktop automatically scrolls when the mouse moves over the screen edge.
* Floating toolbar in fullscreen mode, allows you to switch between modes, toggle keyboard grabbing, minimize, etc.
* Tabbed interface, optionally managed by groups
* Supported network protocols: RDP, VNC, XDMCP, SSH, Avahi
The Remmina panel applets:
* Support GNOME and Xfce desktop environment in separated packages
* Open the main program or access preference dialog easily
* Drop-down applet menu to make the connections easily
* Remote desktop files are organized in sub-menu by groups
* Automatic service discovery using Avahi
Released source packages: Please follow the Remmina download page in github.
Development repository: Remmina's source code is now migrated to github. Please follow the Remmina Wiki for more details.
- GTK+ 2.0 (>=2.16) required
- libpthread for multi-threaded feature
- libssh (>=0.4) for all SSH related feature
- libavahi-ui for Avahi feature
- libvte for terminal feature
- libgcrypt for password encryption
- libunique for managing unique process
- FreeRDP libraries and plugins for RDP protocol
- zlib (required by libvncclient) for VNC protocol
- libjpeg (required by libvncclient) for VNC protocol
- libgnutls (required by libvncclient) for VNC protocol
- libtelepathy-glib (>= 0.9.0) for Telepathy feature
- libssh (>=0.4) for NX protocol
- nxproxy for NX protocol (runtime dependency only)
- Xephyr for XDMCP protocol (runtime dependency only)
For Ubuntu 12.10 “Quantal Quetzal”; Ubuntu 12.04 “Precise Pangolin”; Ubuntu 11.10 “Oneiric Ocelot”; Ubuntu 11.04 “Natty Narwhal”; Ubuntu10.10 “Maverick Meerkat”; Ubuntu 10.04 “Lucid Lynx”:
Ubuntu Software Center:
For Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic) Users:
Open the terminal and run the following commands
For Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) Users:sudo add-apt-repository ppa:llyzs/ppasudo apt-get updatesudo aptitude install remmina remmina-gnome
First you need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list file
gksudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list.Add the following line:
Save and exit the file.deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/llyzs/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
Add gpg key
Update source listsudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 5A0FA8F1
Install remminasudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude install remmina remmina-gnome
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: