Webilder can also automatically download images from Flickr based on a tag you set or you can use a Webilder custom channel.
Webshots.com stopped working with Webilder a while back but a new version was released which finally fixes WebShots. The latest version also adds XFCE support (in addition to GNOME and KDE).
To install Webilder 0.6.7 in Ubuntu, make sure you have the GetDeb repository added (download this .deb file, run it and you'll have the GetDeb repository) and then click HERE to install Webilder. If that doesn't work, run this in a terminal:
GetDeb only provides Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx packages for Webilder. You can however try to install the Webilder .deb file in older Ubuntu versions (but I'm not sure if it will work).
Once you install it, right click the panel and add Webilder.
- downloads the most interesting photos from Flickr.
- view Webshots photos on your Linux desktop (requires Webshots account).
- downloads Flickr photos that match tags (for example:
- downloads photos from Flickr users of your choice.
- automatically downloads new photos for you every day.
- change your wallpaper every few minutes.
- import webshots collections (wbz or wbc formats).
For other Linux distributions, see the Webilder download page.