The following tutorial will guide you on how to Backup and Restore Bookmarks in Firefox 4.0 Beat7 web browser.
By default, the Firefox browser will automatically create a Backup of Bookmarks and additionally saves the former five backups for safety.
This tutorial describes how to do a manual back up of Bookmarks and also how to replace bookmarks with a backup.
To do a Manual Backup, do the following
1) On the Menu bar, click on the Bookmarks tab and then from the drop down list thus opened click on Show all Bookmarks.
This will open up the Library window.
2) In the Library window, click on Import and Backup tab and then click on Backup. This will open up the bookmarks backup filename window.
3) Enter a name for the backup file and choose a location to save the backup file.
4) Close the Library window.
To do a Restore of your Bookmarks, do the following
NOTE: - Restoring the bookmarks will overwrite the current set of bookmarks with the set of bookmarks in the backup file that you choose to restore with.
1) On the Menu bar, click on the Bookmarks tab and then click on Show all Bookmarks from the dropdown list.
2) In the Library window thus opened, click on Import and Backup tab and then point your mouse over Restore.
3) Select the backup file from the drop down list that you like to restore.
a. The dated files are the automatic backups of Bookmarks.
b. To choose a manual backup file, select Choose File.
4) After choosing the backup file, the bookmarks from that file will be restored. Close the Library window.
So, this is how you can Backup and Restore your Bookmarks in Firefox 4.0 Beta7 web browser.
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: