Originally designed as a guitar and bass tuner, its configurability gives it a more general character.
It looks like an analog tuner, with a gauge indicating the relative shift to a certain note. The program automatically guesses the note to tune.
FeaturesThis application has the following features:
- It's free software. LINGOT is distributed under the GPL license.
- It's really quick and accurate, perfect for real-time microtonal tuning.
- Easy to use. Just plug in your instrument and run it.
- LINGOT is an universal tuner. It can tune many musical instruments, you only need to provide the temperaments. For that purpose, it supports the Scala project .scl format.
- Highly configurable via GUI. It's possible to change any parameter while the program is running, without editing any file.
LINGOT tuner is a musical instrument. INGOT is easy to use, accurate and highly configurable. Originally conceived to tune electric guitars, its configurability gives it a more general nature. (Tuning another instruments has not been tested). It looks like an analog tuner, with a gauge indicating the shift from a certain note - found automatically as the closest note to the estimated frequency -, indicating that the note and its frequency.
The notes will be found automatically, because the program has no manual mode (indicating the note to set manually), mantaining for its general purpose. We recommend using the tuner in conjunction with a sound mixer to select the desired recording source and levels.Here signal recording are some key features of "INGOT is not only a guitar tuner":
• Easy to use. Simply connect your instrument and tuner performance.
· Very configurable via GUI.
It is possible to change a parameter when the program is running, without having to edit any file.
• It operates automatically. It is not necessary to specify the note to adjust the program, he guesses.
• It is free software. He GPL.
- Other instruments tuning guitars than is possible. Since the program guesses the note you play, it can be used to tune a piano, bass, violin, etc.
What's new in this version: This version adds · src/lingot-i18n.h makes dialogue configuration more "GTK-compliant", corrects problems charset in the Spanish translation, the size of the "Note" under the main window, and two bugs SIGSEGV, removes some deprecated GTK calls, rename src / tuner.cc in src / lingot.cc, updates translations are, and uses GtkAboutDialog to see "about" information
Downloading and Installing LINGOT.
Source codeClick on the following link to download the source code of lingot: http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lingot/
You can also get the latest release of the sources from our Mercurial repository. The command for getting the files is the following:
hg clone http://hg.sv.gnu.org/hgweb/lingot
Binary distributions.There are some precompiled packages available. Some linux-based distros have adopted LINGOT to be part of their software repositories.
- The Debian distribution and other derived distros includes a precompiled version of LINGOT. Thanks to Niv Sardi Altivanik.
System Requirements.Your system must satisfy the following requisites to run LINGOT properly:
- A «modest» computer running GNU/Linux. (Pentium at 200 MHz or similar should be enough.)
- A sound card with line-in or microphone input.
- Jack, ALSA or OSS Audio support.
- GTK+ library, version 2.0 or above.