It may be used to print informations about the format and header of a multimedia file or stream, the multimedia streams and each single packet or frame.
FFprobe may be used both as a standalone application or in combination with a textual filter, which is supposed to perform more sophisticated elaboration (e.g. statistics elaboration or plotting).
* It guarantees the output to be playable on a Nokia Internet Tablet using
a system of "profiles".
* It can rip and encode DVDs in a single step (dependent on mencoder version).
* It has a simple GUI interface for easily converting videos.
* It has a command-line interface so it can be easily scripted to
interface to your PVR (for example, MythTV, Freevo or VDR).
* Presets allow tradeoff between space/quality to be decided on a
* Can optimise video size for the Internet Tablet's 15:9 screen.
* Handles anamorphic video sources such as widescreen DVDs.
* Output works with either the built-in Media Player, or mplayer.
* GUI and command line modes.
If you liked this article, subscribe to the feed by clicking the image below to keep informed about new contents of the blog: